||Tablets have flat surfaces commonly along the edges of capsule-shaped tablets. Learn more.
- Consult with tablet tooling vendors to introduce some curvature along the edges for capsule-shaped tablets.
||Coating formulation is excessively tacky.
- Consult with Ashland to select an Aquarius™ film coating formulation that is less tacky.
||Drying is ineffective in the coating process.
- Increase pan speed to reduce dwell time in the spray zone.
- Decrease spray rate and/or increase process air temperature.
- Expand coverage in the spray zone (either by increasing gun-to-bed difference, pattern air pressure, or the number of spray guns) to minimize the risk of localized overwetting. Learn more.